Owner Builder in Tasmania - Owner Builder course in Tasmania
Home » Owner Builder TAS

Owner Builder TAS

Hello Owner Builder in Tasmania!

We get it.

Choosing an Owner Builder course AND a white card course is another big thing you've got to tick off your long list of things ‘to-do'.

Here's the good news. We've done the research for you.

We critiqued 12 owner builder course providers across Australia and we're super excited to announce our partnership with (drum roll)……..Absolute Education.

Here's what we like about Absolute Education and why we've partnered:

  • they're known for their expertise in delivering solutions to the Australian Owner Builder and Construction industry for over 14 years (that's a big tick)
  • they're super professional (another tick)
  • they offer a White Card course (one-stop shop) and you need to do this PRIOR to completing the OB course
  • the OB course is super easy to access online and by correspondence (tick, tick)
  • you can take as long as you need to complete the course (because life's busy)
  • your certificate is emailed within 24 hours (love instant gratification)
  • you get unlimited phone access (because sometimes we need to speak to a real person)
  • they give away lots of FREE stuff (who doesn't love a gift with purchase)
  • you get to sit a FREE practice exam (thank you)
  • run by people who know the building game (that's called credibility)
  • they're fully compliant with the regulatory board as an approved training organisation (again, credible)
  • AND, the price is right! (phew)


Here's what you need to know and do:

  • We've said it already but we'll say it again. You need to do a White Card course PRIOR to the OB course.
  • But don't worry, you can select the White Card course when you register for your OB course (at Step 4 – cost is $55.00).
  • To get started, click on ‘Register Now' (registration is free) in the box below to go straight to their registration page (it's a simple step-by-step process)
  • Confirmation of your registration with your user name and password will be sent to you by text and email once registration is complete
  • OB Course cost is $185.00 payable when you pass (psst, everyone passes!).

So what are you waiting for?


Absolute Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 91521) who makes doing an Owner Builder Course simple. All you need to do is click ‘Register Now' (it's free) create a username and password, login and start answering the questions! Best parts, you don't pay until you pass (you'll pass) and your certificate will be emailed to you upon completion (and once you've paid)!

A little extra…

Once you complete your Owner Builder course in Tas, you're ready to obtain your Owner Builder Permit. You can do this with the help of a Building Surveyor.

The key steps are:

  • Complete the Owner Builder Permit application form per the link below.
  • When you get the Owner Builder Permit, your surveyor will issue you with a Certificate of Likely Compliance.
  • Next step is to get a Building Permit from your local Council – you need your final plans, OB Permit and Certificate of Likely Compliance.
  • Check if you need a Plumbing Permit and Planning Permit from Council.
  • Finally, you'll need to provide your Surveyor with a Start Work Notification (refer government link below)

Follow this link to government info – click here.

Find your local Council here – click here.