Owner Builder TAS
Hello Owner Builder in Tassie 🙂
Welcome to The Owner Builder Club – here to simplify the process for you!
But where to begin?
Is owner building even for you?
If you're at the very early stage in the process, now's the time to think through if owner building is for you.
- can you afford it?
- do you need finance?
- how does finance work for owner building?
- do you have the time?
- how about the skills?
If you need help answering these questions, CLICK HERE to find out more about our short online course that by the end, will have you going confidently in the right direction for YOU.
Do you need an owner builder permit?
Yes, you need an owner builder permit.
How to get an owner builder permit?
- complete the mandatory White Card course
- complete the mandatory owner builder course and get a White Card
- obtain Public Liability insurance
- engage a Building Surveyor (provide proof of course completion)
- apply for the permit
Where to do your owner builder course?
Great news for you here! The research has been done for you. We critiqued 12 owner builder course providers across Australia and are super confident to recommend Absolute Education – an approved provider in Tasmania.
You can do the White Card and owner builder course through Absolute.
Itching to get the course done and dusted?
Simply click on ‘Get Started' below, complete a few basic details and either the lovely Gemma or Peter will complete the pieces of the puzzle for you.
COST: The OB Course cost is $185.00 and the White Card is $55.00 payable when you pass (psst, everyone passes!).
Let them know we sent you by entering the code, OBC, at Step 4 in the registration process 🙂
Absolute Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 91521) who makes doing an Owner Builder Course simple. All you need to do is click ‘Get Started' and fill in a few details.
A little extra…
You can get help from your Building Surveyor to obtain your Owner Builder Permit.
The key steps once you get the permit are:
- When you get the Owner Builder Permit, your surveyor will issue you with a Certificate of Likely Compliance
- Next step is to get a Building Permit from your local Council – you need your final plans, OB Permit and Certificate of Likely Compliance
- Check if you need a Plumbing Permit and Planning Permit from Council
- Finally, you'll need to provide your Surveyor with a Start Work Notification (refer government link below)
Follow this link to government info – click here.
Find your local Council here – click here.