Owner Builder WA
Hello Owner Builder in WA!
If value of works is over $20,000 doing an owner builder course AND a white card course is mandatory.
The good news? We've done the research for you!
We critiqued 12 owner builder course providers across Australia and after a stringent selection process, we were super happy to partner with Absolute Education. If you want to know why, head to our main Course page and you'll find loads of reasons!
OK, SO WHAT NEXT?
- You'll need to do a White Card course PRIOR to the OB course.
- But don't worry, you can do this with Absolute Education – cost is $55.00.
Simply click on ‘Get Started' below, complete a few basic details and either the lovely Gemma or Peter from Absolute will complete the final pieces of the puzzle.
NOTE: The OB Course cost is $185.00 payable when you pass (psst, everyone passes!).
A little extra…
To become an Owner Builder in WA, you need to obtain an owner builder approval from the WA Building Services Board (administered by the Building Commission).
If you're right at the start of the process, an excellent starting point is always with your local Council (see link below) because you need to know local Council approvals e.g. Development Application, Planning Approval.
Here's a summary of the process you'll follow once you've spoken to Council and design plans are underway:
- First do an Owner Builder course (and White Card) as this provides the Board with evidence that you understand your role and responsibilities of being an OB.
- Once you've done your course you're ready to complete an owner builder application (application fee) – follow the link below.
- The application will require your plans, estimated cost of build and copies of your OB course certificate and White Card.
- When the approval is issued, you're ready to apply for a building permit from your local Council. Find your local Council via the link below.
Follow this link to the WA Government, Building Services Board – click here.
Follow this link to find your local Council – click here.