Owner Builder WA
Hello Owner Builder in WA!
If value of works is over $20,000 doing an owner builder course AND a white card course is mandatory.
The good news? We've done the research for you!
We critiqued 12 owner builder course providers across Australia and after a stringent selection process, we were super happy to partner with Absolute Education. If you want to know why, head to our main Course page and you'll find loads of reasons!
OK, SO WHAT NEXT?
- You'll need to do a White Card course PRIOR to the OB course.
- But don't worry, you can select the White Card course when you register for your OB course (at Step 4 – cost is $55.00)
- Simply click on ‘Register Now' in the box below (it's free) to go straight to their registration page.
- Confirmation of your registration with your user name and password will be sent to you by text and email once registration is complete.
- OB Course cost is $185.00 payable when you pass (psst, everyone passes!).
TO NUDGE YOU ALONG
We run a quarterly draw where one lucky person wins a $250 Bunnings voucher.
All you need to do is use the code ‘OBC' at the Offer Section under Step 4 in the registration process.
Absolute Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 91521) who makes doing an Owner Builder Course simple. All you need to do is click ‘Register Now' (it's free) create a username and password, login and start answering the questions! Best parts, you don't pay until you pass (you'll pass) and your certificate will be emailed to you upon completion (and once you've paid)!
A little extra…
To become an Owner Builder in WA, you need to obtain an owner builder approval from the WA Building Services Board (administered by the Building Commission).
If you're right at the start of the process, an excellent starting point is always with your local Council (see link below) because you need to know local Council approvals e.g. Development Application, Planning Approval.
Here's a summary of the process you'll follow once you've spoken to Council and design plans are underway:
- First do an Owner Builder course (and White Card) as this provides the Board with evidence that you understand your role and responsibilities of being an OB.
- Once you've done your course you're ready to complete an owner builder application (application fee) – follow the link below.
- The application will require your plans, estimated cost of build and copies of your OB course certificate and White Card.
- When the approval is issued, you're ready to apply for a building permit from your local Council. Find your local Council via the link below.
Follow this link to the WA Government, Building Services Board – click here.
Follow this link to find your local Council – click here.