Owner Builder NSW
Hello Owner Builder in NSW!
We get it.
Choosing an owner builder course AND a white card course is another big thing you've got to tick off your long list of things ‘to-do' (it's mandatory in NSW).
Here's the good news. We've done the research for you.
We critiqued 12 owner builder course providers across Australia and we're super excited to announce our partnership with (drum roll)……..Absolute Education.
Here's what we like about Absolute Education and why we've partnered:
- they're known for their expertise in delivering solutions to the Australian Owner Builder and Construction industry for over 14 years (that's a big tick)
- they're super professional (another tick)
- they offer a White Card course (one-stop shop) and you need to do this PRIOR to completing the OB course
- the OB course is super easy to access online and by correspondence (tick, tick)
- you can take as long as you need to complete the course (because life's busy)
- your certificate is emailed within 24 hours (love instant gratification)
- you get unlimited phone access (because sometimes we need to speak to a real person)
- they give away lots of FREE stuff (who doesn't love a gift with purchase)
- you get to sit a FREE practice exam (thank you)
- run by people who know the building game (that's called credibility)
- they're fully compliant with the regulatory board as an approved training organisation (again, credible)
- AND, the price is right! (phew)
SO WHAT NEXT?
Here's what you need to know and do:
- We've said it already but we'll say it again. You need to do a White Card course PRIOR to the OB course.
- But don't worry, you can select the White Card course when you register for your OB course (at Step 4 – cost is $55.00).
- To get started, click on ‘Register Now' (registration is free) in the box below to go straight to their registration page (it's a simple step-by-step process)
- Confirmation of your registration with your user name and password will be sent to you by text and email once registration is complete
- OB Course cost is $185.00 payable when you pass (psst, everyone passes!).
INTERESTED IN A BONUS?
Oh come on, who isn't!?
If you enter the ‘Offer Code' OBC at the bottom of Step 4 in the registration process (under Special Promotional Code), you'll automatically go into the draw to win a $200 Bunnings voucher.
Yep, if you win, there's your course cost back (and then some).
By entering the Offer Code OBC means you give us the okay to contact you (only if you win) via the email address you provide.
Note – Registrations completed in the month of May (across Australia) are eligible for the bonus draw.
So what are you waiting for?
Absolute Education is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 91521) who makes doing an Owner Builder Course simple. All you need to do is click ‘Register Now' (it's free) create a username and password, login and start answering the questions! Best parts, you don't pay until you pass (you'll pass) and your certificate will be emailed to you upon completion (and once you've paid)!
A LITTLE EXTRA…
As an Owner Builder in NSW, you need to tick a few boxes to get your build underway.
If you're at the start of the process, we highly recommend you contact your local Council planning office (see link below).
Here's an overview of the steps once you've spoken to Council and design plans are underway:
- Complete the Owner Builder course and Construction Induction.
- Get a Development Consent from your local council.
- Apply for an Owner Builder permit (state link below).
- Once you get your Owner Builder permit and before work can start, you need to obtain ‘Construction Approval' from either your local Council or through a Certifier.
To find more state government info – click here.
To find your local Council – click here.