Owner Builder SA
South Australian laws for Owner Builders are intended to secure and bolster Owner Building. It is critical you get comfortable with your commitments as an Owner Builder.
Under the development Act, Owner Builders proposing to undertake building work must:
- Obtain a Development Approval.
- Lodge all copies of certificates of indemnity insurance for building work to be undertaken by a licensed building work contractor with the council before commencing the last stages of building work.
- Notify the council at prescribed stages of the building work.
- Advise the council of the name and contact details of the person who will be supervising the building work undertake the building work in accordance with the approved documents.
- Submit a signed Statement of Compliance (Schedule 19A) to the relevant authority on completion of the building work.
- Complying with all the relevant regulations that apply to the construction.
GET KNOW MORE on Owner Builder SA, CLICK HERE.
In South Australia, there is no requirement to complete a formal course of instruction for the issue of an owner builder permit. Abacus Training does suggest you do the course to make certain you have a full understanding of your responsibilities as an Owner Builder.
Building Center Network
It is important that you become familiar with your obligations as an Owner Builder in South Australia. This owner builder course SAOB01 South Australia Owner Builder Course, is not compulsory to complete but owner builders are required by law to meet the same legislative requirements relating to building work as licensed builders.
ABSOLUTE Education Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO #91521) that has been delivering Owner Builder education for the last ten years and is committed to providing the most comprehensive and cost effective training to owner builders.